What to do in a medical emergency abroad
You can contact Emergency Assistance Facilities (EAF) in an emergency by calling +44 (0) 203 829 6745. You can also email them at email@example.com
When you call our medical assistance service in an emergency you need to have some basic information for them to hand:
- Your telephone number, so you can be contacted in case you are cut off.
- The name and age of the patient and as much information about the medical situation as possible.
- The name of the hospital, the ward, the treating doctor and the telephone numbers if you have them.
- Tell them that you have a Unite Travel Insurance policy, policy number, the date you bought it and your booked travel dates.
- The patient’s UK GP details, name, address and phone number (in case more information on current medical conditions and treatment is needed).
- When you contact EAF you’ll speak to a member of the operations team, they will ask the basics of your case, and allocate you a case number. If necessary, they’ll confirm that you’re insured and provide the hospital or clinic with appropriate billing instructions.
More information can be found in your policy wording.